Venez défendre votre Celébrité masculine préférée ... et en decouvrir d'autres !

AccueilAccueil  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  ConnexionConnexion  

Partagez | 

Presse

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant
AuteurMessage
twinette
Alex Turner

BOYZ PRÉFÉRÉS : Alex Turner, Matty Followill, M.Bellamy, D.Howard, A. Kapranos, J.Lafferty, Josh Homme, Colin B.

MessageSujet: Presse   Dim 15 Mar - 22:31

Petit article sympa où ils parlent des Kings :
The reason why musicians get ALL women!

There are three things, which women approximately around the globe, find irresistibly sexy: First of all: a guy, which is moved after them. Secondly and still more importantly, perhaps even condition for 1: A guy, which is moved after them and consumes themselves after that the other Ladies. And 3rd: Musician.!!!!!!!!
Women love musicians. That’s how it is. Men like perhaps beautiful breasts, a weighing course, an inviting smile and klimpernde lashes. Women fancy sweat bodies, distorted faces in the fight for the next tone, and a voice, which revolts itself against the inconvenience inside and in outside.
Women love men, who transform rage into beauty, insanity in three minutes except edge and volume. They love musicians, because musicians are the meat nascent prospect on a life on the road, on adventures and conquests, on stubborness and a itself non--care. Musicians embody a mixture from seductive lie, intoxication for one night and a promise, which are already enough to give: Waste you with me, lose you in my songs, listen to me, hear you. Sing and dance with me, tonight play I only for you, only for you, you and, voilà, again and again: for you.
I (the author) was on a Rock concert. With that in my opinion, momentarily most forcing, most irresistible rock bands of the world. I was at a concert of the Kings Of Leon. It was a lesson in Sexyness, in all what brings women around the understanding, men respect, and envy, rage, love and desiring for a cocktail mix, which one should only order, if one is not afraid the hangover.
The common at musicians is: Not only that they get all women, who are beautiful, those which satisfy, the hysterical and the brittle also, the problem many more: They know it. These bastards. That makes the thing still a little more exciting, a little tragically and thoroughly moved.
Because musicians do not have to look particularly good times, it helps, but it is not so crucial at all. The Kings Of Leon for example, wore two years ago still beards to its baby faces, it looked unwashed and also the fact that they come from Tennessee and are minister sons, spoke only for heavenly pig skirt. Not necessarily the license to be stunning.
Most interesting, like always, is the front man: Singer Caleb. Thousand throats sing his lines, which he wrote probably drunken on a beer cover had scratched. He looked into the faces, was second-long rainless and peaceful, in his view was appropriate for surprise and luck. Then he threw himself again in the noise and forgetting.
It witnesses of talent to write great songs. But it witnesses of size to celebrate these. Musicians have nerves. And they understood nevertheless, how one the own injuring barness transformed into strength. How, you may ask? Now, it has nothing to do with words. Put "Charmer" or "Use Somebody" of the Kings Of Leon in your cd-player, I promise you: You will hear it. Above all however you will feel it!!!!!!

Smile Smile

Et pour illustrer, partons faire un tour de tracteur Très content

J'aime les lunettes lourdes Je sors !
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://www.myspace.com/delphine74
twinette
Alex Turner

BOYZ PRÉFÉRÉS : Alex Turner, Matty Followill, M.Bellamy, D.Howard, A. Kapranos, J.Lafferty, Josh Homme, Colin B.

MessageSujet: Re: Presse   Mar 24 Mar - 20:57

Une interview dans le NME de cette semaine où Caleb parle du prochain album !!!! Interview qui m'a fait mourir de rire Très content Très content Très content
Alors là photo de l'interview en petit (en attendant de l'avoir en plus grand ^^)

Mais voilà ce qu'il est dit :

Kings of Leon writing 'bluesy' new album

Caleb Followill says he's working on new songs, but flu & jetlag have inspired an unexpected direction.

Kings of Leon have revealed they are already writing the follow up to OBTN - and they are becoming a blues band.
The group who are currently touring in Australia told NME they are not sitting on their laurels, despite selling over 3 million copies worldwide of their fourth album.

Frontman Caleb Followill did however, admit that a dose of jetlag fuelled super flu has warped their new songs a little.

"We already been writing!" declared Caleb when asked about the new record "We've finally earned a year off but we're liking the buzz of this album so we're jumping back into it." The singer explained that he and guitarist Matthew Followill had been writing new songs together in the middle of the night because they can't get to sleep.

"We've been jetlagged and ill. We've been waking up at 5 in the morning and teaching each other how to play slide guitar, so I feel sorry for our neighbours." joked Caleb. he added that in their woozy state, they developed Marmaduke Duke-style alter ego's.

"We've given each other nicknames, we're a blues band now" declared the frontman "Matthew's Willie Brown and I'm Barcelona Stacks, we just rip on guitar all night. Matthew actually had a guitar bought to him in his room. A red one from Spain, which he immediately said was his and left with it. He calls it his Spanish Rose."

Whatever the outcome of their midnight musical ravings, Caleb admitted he's not always the best person to judge. If it had been up to him 'Sex On Fire' their number 1 single and the UK's most downloaded single ever, would have ended up on the recording studio floor.

"When we had 3 songs too many for the album, we were all taking our picks as to which songs shouldn't make it. 'Sex On Fire' was my pick" said the singer "Then the label flew out and sat down with us and said 'We think Sex On Fire should be the first single', and they gave us a load of reasons. We were drunk so we said 'This is the only time we're gonna listen to you.' And it's done things that no song has ever done. Luckily I got voted out. It's funny!"

Comme j'aurai adoré être une petite mouche pour les voir tous les 2 complètement malade en train de jouer de la guitare et se donner des surnoms Très content Très content
twinette
Alex Turner

MessageSujet: Re: Presse   Lun 30 Mar - 22:42

Non mais pour moi et Musilac c'est mort quoi Boude J'espère pour toi qu'ils seront à Angoulème (même si moi je pourrais pas y aller)...ça fera au moins 1 sur 2 Smile
ça aurait VRAIMENT été dommage que les petits anglais les voit 50 milliards de fois seulement cette année....rajoutons quelques festivals Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

ET donc, tout naturellement, KOL est en couv du dernier NME !!

Je vous posterai l'article quand il sera sortit Smile
twinette
Alex Turner

MessageSujet: Re: Presse   Mar 31 Mar - 16:33

Une pré-news avant l'article de demain du NME....

Kings Of Leon promise credit crunch-busting Reading And Leeds Festivals set

Caleb Followill discusses band's festival plans exclusively with NME.COM

Kings Of Leon have vowed to play a credit crunch-busting top value set when they headline the Reading And Leeds Festivals this summer.

As revealed by NME.COM yesterday (March 30), the band will headline the August bank holiday event (August 28-30) with Radiohead and Arctic Monkeys.

Speaking to NME.COM, Kings Of Leon frontman Caleb Followill has hinted not only will the band will play one of their longest sets, but they intend to fit in with the bank holiday party mood.

"To be honest, I didn’t know there was a festival in the UK that wasn’t a party festival," declared the singer. "I hope there's still that party atmosphere this year. I know times are kind of tough on the world financially. If you spend that money to go to festival I think you should be able have a good party."

He added that despite Kings Of Leon's success with fourth album 'Only By The Night', which has sold over three million copies worldwide since its release last year, the Followills were aware of the pressures the recession is causing for their fans.

"Just because things are going well for us, that doesn’t mean we don’t have family and friends that we don’t see the effects and what’s happening. Anyone who’s going to come and spend that money, I hope they get their bang for their buck!" declared Followill.

He added: "Everyone keeps saying that (we are recession-proof), but I keep waiting on the sky to open up and something to happen to us!"

For the full exclusive Kings Of Leon interview, get this week's issue of NME, on UK newsstands nationwide from tomorrow (April 1).

L'est bien ce petit gars quand même ^^

http://www.nme.com/news/kings-of-leon/43790
twinette
Alex Turner

MessageSujet: Re: Presse   Mer 1 Avr - 21:13

Je suis entièrement d'accord avec toi sur tout ton coup de gueule !! Smile

Et puis la vidéo, moi j'adore quand Matt il sort son truc tout sérieux et qu'après il se met à rire Très content Très content

Alors chose promise, chose dûe, je vous met l'article du NME paru aujourd'hui....ALors d'abord des scans des pages...mais comme j'ai pitié de vos yeux, je vous met aussi le texte ^^

Genre, sur la dernière page, le NME est arrivé à mettre mon Matty et mon Alexou en photo sur la même page Couple amoureux

Et le texte...alors je sais pas si au moment où je l'ai lu j'étais touché par le doigt du dieu du billinguisme ou quoi, mais je l'ai trouvé hyper simple à comprendre Smile

Citation :
World Exclusive - KOL To Headline Reading & Leeds Festivals

'Playing Festivals is like a religious experience' - Caleb

As we announce his band will headline this years Reading & Leeds Festivals Caleb tells NME how KOL will treat the crowd to their longest ever set!

NME: Hello Caleb How are things for KOL right now?
CF: "It's going great man. We're touring in Australia, it's nuts over here. You know I don't want to say anything but the UK had better watch out - Australia's trying to take us as it's own. It's been a phenomenal crowd every night."

NME: You're headling Reading & Leeds along with Radiohead & Arctic Monkeys so British crowds have a chance to clain you back!

CF: "Yeah man it's great to be going back Reading & Leeds are two of my favourites. For an American band playing those festivals you don't know what to expect but every time we've played I've been shocked at how big the crowds are and we've actually had some pretty good weather every time. I don't wanna jinx it but hopefully the sun will shine on us."

NME: You've worked your way up from the smaller stages to the top of the bill over the years. Does that make headlining more satisfying for you?
CF: "Absolutely. That's the career that we set out for and we've been fortunate to have it happen. I think the best bands - and in most walks of life - if you earn your way into a place, you get respect. It's like you don't wanna be those kids who go to a school halfway during the year and have everyone whip your ass. You have to earn your keep."

NME: Because the festivals take place on Bank Holiday weekend there's always a party vibe. How come KOL seem to fit in so well?

CF: "We like to party (laughs)! To be honest man I didn't know there was a festival in the UK that wasn't a party festival! We're still scratching our heads going 'How the hell did we get here? What did we do to make things go right this time round?'. I dunno, we're just glad that you guys still care about us, we thought everyone in the UK would hate us by now. I hope there's still that party atmosphere this year. I know times are kind of tough in the world, financially, so if you spend that money to go to a festival I think you should be able to have a good party!"

NME: So rock stars do know what it's like for us mortals after all?
CF: "Obviously things are going pretty well for us and a lot of bands - luckily there isn't much of a recession in the music industry. I mean there is with the record labels and whatnot, but not bands. When there's war or financial crisis or anything, people still wanna turn on the radio and hear something that's gonna make 'em smile, or something they can relate to. But just because things are going well for us, that doesn't mean we don't have family and friends and that we don't see what's happening. Anyone who's gonna come and spend that money, I hope they get their bang for their buck!"

NME: With OBTH selling 3 million worldwide, you seem recession proof!
CF: "Everyone keeps saying that, but I keep waiting on the sky to open up and something to happen to us!!"

NME: What do you make of the other headliners?
CF: "Wow, Radiohead, that's amazing. Knowing our schedule I'm sure we'll have to get the hell out of there after our gig, but it would be a good weekend to stick around man, Radiohead, Arctic Monkeys...I'm a big fan so that's great."

NME: Why do you think you have now made it alongside those bands as festival favourites?

CF: "It's always been in my blood. My dad, when we were travelling around and preaching, would get up every night and put his heart into it and it was always amazing to watch. Then twice a year we would go and play these tent revivals. It would literally be a tent and there would be no walls and it was outside air and there was something about the atmosphere. That's what it feels like to me whenever we walk onstage at festivals. I must sound like a dork, but you connect with people."

NME: I bet the crowds at Reading & Leeds look a bit different to those at the religious revivals?

CF: "Yeah, absolutely. More clothing!!"

NME: Reading & Leeds has a reputation for establishing the American bands who headline such as Nirvana & Green Day. After what happened with Glastonbury last year can you see it getting any bigger for you guys?
CF: "I don't know man! I think it's up to us to keep our heads on straight and try to make an album that's better than the last. And I don't necessarily mean one that has pop hits on it or anything. Right now Kings of Leon have a real chance to cement themselves into our generation as a great band and we all realise we still have a long way to go. We got lucky with this record. Every day is a challenge to do better and bigger things. I don't see how anything could get bigger this year. I might run for President, but thats about it!!" (laughs)

NME: It's only March, but when do you start thinking about a set for a festival like this?

CF: "Obviously for us it would be a thrill to be able to go up there and play something new, although I don't want to get anyone's hopes up. We've been trying stuff that we haven't tried in a while, pulling old songs out. It's amazing, it's like riding a bike! We have old songs which I've been so scared to play because I knew we would fall on our face, but it just comes right back to you. As long as they don't try to cut us off, I think we'll probably play one of the longest sets that we've ever played this August."

NME: How is the new stuff you've written sounding?

CF: "There's such an edge to what we're doing right now. You know I've written a couple of songs that crossed over and people actually hear 'em and sing 'em, but I might shy away from that on the next one. Who knows? Actually right now we're writing pretty fast songs and some pretty hard-rocking songs. Structurally they're really different from anything out there - a lot of them don't even have a chorus. Other bands have been complimenting us on the fact that we're trying to step outside of the box. I don't think a song has to be verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, double chorus. But who knows? I don't want to encourage it. I don't want someone to get dropped from their label for having a 45-minute slow jam." (laughs)

NME: How was your Grammy's party by the way? We saw
Jay-Z was on the guestlist, did you talk about Glastonbury?

CF: "Um, no we didn't. He was supposed to come to the party, but I think he puts his name on everyone's list and only shows up for a little bit. We also had Prince on our guestlist, which was nuts. This pre-party thing was unbelievable man, you have no idea! The room was filled with the strangest people. We had a picture with all of us that were performing that night - it was us, Barry Manilow and Whitney Houston and we were obviously the only ones that were drunk in the photo."

NME: Does your success at last years Glasto mean you're under more or less pressure to follow it up at Reading & Leeds?

CF: "We're obviously gonna be able to relax a little more this time. That was one of the most stressful moments of my life, but I heard people saying that when you headline Glastonbury that's usually the show that your career takes off after. I was thinking 'I don't think it's gonna be us.', but literally since that festival it's been a fucking whirlwind. I'm stoked to be able to go back and have a little more of a relaxed attitude and be able to slam a few more drinks before I get out there onstage."

NME: Well last time you were challengers - this year are you back as the champions?

CF: "Any time Radiohead's playing I don't think we're the champions. We're the opening band!"
aureille
Matthew Bellamy

BOYZ PRÉFÉRÉS : Matthew Bellamy,Caleb et Matthew Followill,Luke Pritchard, Bob Hardy, Devon Sawa, Benoit Magimel, Chris Egan,...

MessageSujet: Re: Presse   Mer 1 Avr - 22:23

Merci pour la retranscription de l'article Fièr . Caleb sur la première photo je l'aime Fièr amoureux et quand j'ai vu la 3ème page je me suis dit "oula matty et Alex Turner sur la même page ça doit faire une heureuse ça" puis j'arrive a ton commentaire au dessous Fièr beh tu m'as enlevé les mots de la bouches Fièr et sinon sur la deuxième page c'est mes yeux où les cheveux de Caleb virent au roux? Choqué
twinette
Alex Turner

MessageSujet: Re: Presse   Mar 7 Avr - 14:20

raaah non mais Nathan il est super sexy je trouve....bon pas quand il a ses cheveux tout lissés, j'aime pas trop mais sinon, il est quand même bien WAOU...et ça m'a toujours épaté comment il a les mêmes yeux que caleb amoureux

Bref, alors des petites news....

Prit sur le site officiel, mais attention, dans la partie "Fan club" c'est à dire réservée à une élite...(dont je fais partie Cool ...oui, oui elle arrête de se la peter et elle continue son post Fièr)

Kings of Leon are scheduled to perform live on NBC’s “Today Show” summer concert series on July 31. The show airs from 7-10am weekdays, so be sure to tune in!

Bon je sais, ça fait loin encore, et on n'a pas NBC mais y'aura très certainement pleins d'adorables personnes qui vont nous uploader ça pour qu'on le regarde sur ordi Fièr

Ensuite une petite pub polonaise pour le dernier album...Et oui, la France est VRAIMENT à la ramasse Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Et ils sont également en couverture d'un magazine polonais

*pour la photo ^^*

Et dernière news...Milles mercis encore une fois à Angie pour ces trouvailles merveilleuses Smile
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/radio1movies/
Ici, vous pourrez trouver une interview audio de Zac effron...Pourquoi donc me direz vous ? Bah parce que à 5min pile, il explique comment il a battu les KOL au poker Très content
twinette
Alex Turner

MessageSujet: Re: Presse   Mer 27 Mai - 19:41

Cadeaux MOJO ! Et oui parce que certains on enfin pu le trouver vu qu'il est sortit et donc voici l'article.... (qui est trèèèès long! Pleins de pages remplies de Followill Couple amoureux )

Ensuite les photos du magazines en plus grand (Thanks Angie Smile )

Spoiler:

Et les 2 dernières du spoiler "assemblées" par Angie Smile
Spoiler:

ça, c'est de la photo pour signature Smile

J'ai oublié quelque chose ? Oui j'en ai bien l'impression mais je sais plus quoi là... Question Question
Ah si, juste pour dire que l'interview, je pense que je vais attendre le magazine pour la lire mais si vous voulez la lire et faire des remarques dessus allez y, je suis déjà au courant de 2 ou 3 trucs que y'a dedans Smile
aureille
Matthew Bellamy

BOYZ PRÉFÉRÉS : Matthew Bellamy,Caleb et Matthew Followill,Luke Pritchard, Bob Hardy, Devon Sawa, Benoit Magimel, Chris Egan,...

MessageSujet: Re: Presse   Mar 30 Juin - 20:47

Je suis préssée d'avoir les photos de ce soir pour se faire déjà une idée du DVD(genre comment ils seront habillés, Caleb aura t-il encore sa barbe... Je sors !

Sur la première photo, on dirait que la scène est énorme, genre Matty a l'air de se trouver à 50 mètres de Caleb, qui lui même se trouve à 50 mètres de Jared, sans doute un Effet d'optique visible uniquement par mes yeux Très content
Alors en voyant la photo de Nate la bouche ouverte, en faite ça m'a fait cogiter à un truc, pourquoi la plupart des Batteurs ouvrent t-ils la bouche quand ils tapent sur leur fûts, sans doute pour la même raison que nous les filles qui ouvre la bouche pour se maquiller les yeux Très content (bref des questions qui restent encore illucidés Très content Je sors ! )

Pour ma part, photos spécial magazines Smile

Je voudrais bien l'avoir en plus grand celle là...

Apparemment ils ont quelque chose à nous dire(je vous laisse libre court à votre imagination Fièr )
Spoiler:

Sortez vos dico anglais y a de la lecture sur celle là...
Spoiler:

twinette
Alex Turner

MessageSujet: Re: Presse   Jeu 9 Juil - 19:57

Bon je poste ici une interview de Nathan...je poste dans le topic général de KOL vu que ça parle de KOL même si y'a que Nathan......
D'ailleurs, si vous lisez le début, vous allez vous rendre compte qu'il va pas se faire des amies dans la Matty's team Très content Très content Je sors !

U.S. rock group Kings of Leon set for tour and album
Article from: The Advertiser

THERE is no doubting that the first half of this year belonged to Kings of Leon.

The U.S. rockers had the biggest selling record of last year, a sold-out arena tour and you couldn't surf the radio without coming across singer Caleb Followill's southern squawk. But it wasn't always this way.

The band, consisting of three brothers and one cousin, came from humble and bearded beginnings as a hot young Tennessee indie act whose southern swagger set Blogs and music magazines alight with it's refreshing sound.

It took two electrifying boot shaking albums in Youth and Young Manhood and Aha Shake Heartbreak before the band tightened its spurs and looked to the mainstream.

It was 2007's Because of the Times that opened the public's perception to the talented Followills and ultimately planted the seeds to it's 2008 masterpiece and breakthrough album Only By the Night.

Now on its sixth single here in Australia, Only By the Night is showing no signs of fatigue and despite Kings of Leon's somewhat overnight mainstream success, neither have the band.

"I'm still in a band with two brothers and an ugly cousin," laughs drummer Nathan Followill.

"Not much has changed on our end."

Followill who describes himself as "the last of the long hair" before adding, "I'm keeping it until I go bald," explains that despite the band's musical (and stylistic) evolution and success around the globe, Kings of Leon have faced the biggest challenges of their career in their homeland.

"You want every record to be the one that takes you to that next level but for us it was always a little difficult because we were always big in Europe and the UK and in Australia but we would go home to America and we would have to step back a year and a half as far as our progression."

"(Only By the Night) really kind of took off for us and put us on the map in America and we're just stoked and so appreciative of fans from Australia and Europe that kind of made Americans jealous and made them realise they've got a band from America that they don't even embrace but is embraced all over the world - but they're finally catching on.

"It's great to see we've got these fans that have been there from day one and stuck with. (The fans) actually gave us a chance to grow into the band we are and hopefully they feel proud and a big part of the success we are achieving."

The success didn't come easy and Followill knows this, that's why Kings of Leon will return to our shores and continue to ride the mammoth wave Only By the Night started.

"There's rumours that we are gonna' be making a trip back to Australia towards the end of the year which is summer for you guys and winter for us," he says.

"We will always take advantage of an opportunity to come over there and enjoy summertime when its freezing cold at home."

Following the rumoured tour, and two months off, the band will be back in the studio recording album number five.

In what could be the most important release of the band's career, the tone in Followill's voice suggests the Kings are up for the challenge.

"We're about seven or eight deep and we're pretty stoked about it man," he says.

But that's not to say the Followills are over-confident with album number five.

"We're all in a good head-space and enjoying the success we're experiencing and not getting too cocky or too conceited. We're considering it a blessing as opposed to us being God's gift to music," he says.

So where do the Kings of Leon go from here?

"We've pretty much ran the gambit of going from the epitome of southern rock to arena sounding songs so I think there's going to be a little bit for everyone," Followill says.

"Man, I think it's a mixture between Aha Shake Heartbreak and a little of Because of the Times."

It's sounding good already from Followill's short briefing who then reinforces his excitement for the new songs.

"Every band says their next record is going to be the best work they've ever done and it's kind of cliche, but we really do feel the songs we've got going right now are pretty special," he concludes.

"The kids are really going to like them."
kitty_33
Matthew Helder

BOYZ PRÉFÉRÉS : patrick stump,Bden Urie,Rob pattinson, shannon leto,jon walker

MessageSujet: Re: Presse   Ven 10 Juil - 1:03

Quand je vois le boulot, que les filles on fait.
je ne peux que les feliciter.
Car faire tout le topic pour voir ou son les articles de presse.

EN tout cas merci, twinette, pour tout les article.
aureille
Matthew Bellamy

MessageSujet: Re: Presse   Ven 10 Juil - 18:06

kitty_33 a écrit:
Quand je vois le boulot, que les filles on fait.
je ne peux que les feliciter.

C'est clair, je plussoie Fièr

Et Nathan il est juste hyper jaloux de son cousin Tire la langue d'où cette insulte non crédible Fièr
twinette
Alex Turner

MessageSujet: Re: Presse   Mar 14 Juil - 15:02

aureille a écrit:
Et Nathan il est juste hyper jaloux de son cousin Tire la langue d'où cette insulte non crédible Fièr

La jalousie....y'a pas d'autres explication Très content

Bon, les Kings sont en couverture du prochain NME, à la suite de leur prestation au T in the park !

La couv'

Et l'article que je vous posterai en plus grand quand je l'aurai Smile
aureille
Matthew Bellamy

MessageSujet: Re: Presse   Mar 14 Juil - 18:26

NME aime KOL, et aureille aime NME Fièr Fièr Fièr et Caleb il a l'air heureux sur la couv, ça fait plaisir à voir Fièr
twinette
Alex Turner

MessageSujet: Re: Presse   Jeu 16 Juil - 19:08

Alors comme promis (bien qu'un peu en retard Embarassé ), l'article du NME

KINGS OF LEON
T IN THE PARK
THE MAJESTIC HEADLINERS
MAIN STAGE, FRIDAY 10 JULY 2009

Of the myriad homemade banners and mates-on-shoulders that the TV swoop past during Kings Of Leon's headline set tonight, one in particular catches the eye. It's unfurled by a refreshed-looked lady perched atop an obliging friend and reads simply, "CALEB, YOU CAN SLEEP IN MY TENT!!!"
Clearly, this girl never got the memo. Perhaps back in their younger, druggier days of grime and gonorrhoea she might've gotten somewhere, but Kings Of Leon circa 2009 are a band almost unrecognisable from the four young men sporting curiously feminine haircuts - and couture to match - who first left Tennessee in 2003 and spent the next few years on their on endless, intercontinental keg-party. They look different, they sound different, and they certainly don't do tents; in all likelihood, they'll be bedding down tonight on dodo-feathered mattresses and drooling on pilliows made of pure money.
Such are the spoils of massive success. But opening tonight's show - their third T in as many years, but their first headline slot - with a song as humdrum and neither-here-nor-there as 'Be somebody' seems nothing short of baffling, as though they've played one too many mega-gigs and have convinced themselves that they can now get away with anything. The sense of underwhelment is palpable....
....And short-lived. Because while Kings Of Leon have made a career out of their cold, distant cool, tonight they heart-warmingly reveal themselves to be sentimental old fuddy-duddys, who may secretly be having just as good a time as the 55,000 people in front of them. Except Matthew, of course who simply puffs his way through an entire packet of Camels without ever missing a note or raising an eyebrow.
Though their choice of opener is a little odd, there are few complaints about the rest of the set. From it's weedy garage-blues beginnings, 'Molly's chambers' has now become a slow-burning Southern gothic grind that sounds absolutely huge, while a defiant, celebratory 'Fans' signals a mid-set gear-shift towards the anthemic that continues with an atmospheric, doom-leden 'Closer' and the industrial chug of 'Crawl'.
"I always forget how beautiful you guys are" drawls Caleb. "I'm having a few sound troubles, but the good thing is, I have something to drink. I know if there's one place in the world where it isn't frowned upon to drink, it's here. and i know you guys also like to sing, so.."
Then they launch into 'Sex On Fire' as though it were no big thing, while the earth shakes around us and the air becomes thick with mangled vowels as several thousand people sing along in drunken unison. Even Blur will struggle to top that.
It seems almost comical now to think that Kings Of Leon were once lazily characterised as The Southern Strokes. Their shift into stadium status may have been maligned by critics, but it fits occasions such as this perfectly. Songs such as 'Four Kicks' prove they haven't abandoned the role entirely, but Kings Of Leon are now predominately a 'rock' band, an event band, even. The sort of band that you probably should hate, but you just can't.
They're simply too good. and for their part, tonight's crowd is too partisan for even the normally nonchalant Kings to ignore.
"I want you guys to know that we love you all so very, very much," gushes Caleb before 'Manhattan.' "You guys have made us Kings Of Leon. And guess what? We're gonna be here forever!"
Flagrant arrogance and disarming humility, all in the same breath. This is the balance that all aspiring stadium rockers must strike. Johnny Borell failed miserably. Kings Of Leon, you sense, will not. And as Caleb rams the neck of his guitar through Nathan's bass drum at the climax of 'Black Thumbnail' and throws it into the crowd with a gleeful grin, you get the feeling he knows it too.

Barry Nicolson.

ET un autre article dans GUITAR WORLD....et devinez qui il peut y avoir dans un article d'un magazine de GUITARE ??? Fièr Fièr Fièr

http://www.rcarecords.com/kingsofleon/kol_guitarworld_full_a.JPG
aureille
Matthew Bellamy

MessageSujet: Re: Presse   Dim 19 Juil - 17:37

Merci pour ces 2 interviews Smile

Pour celle du NME, le "Caleb you can sleep in my tent" on le voit à un moment sur l'une des vidéos de T In The Park que tu as mise l'autre jour Fièr je m'en rappelle l'avoir vu ça et dire "ça va ouais" Fièr au moment où je l'ai vu Très content Très content Très content
Et je retiendrais cette phrase aussi Fièr
"Because while Kings Of Leon have made a career out of their cold, distant cool, tonight they heart-warmingly reveal themselves to be sentimental old fuddy-duddys, who may secretly be having just as good a time as the 55,000 people in front of them. Except Matthew, of course who simply puffs his way through an entire packet of Camels without ever missing a note or raising an eyebrow."

Très content Très content Très content

Et pour la seconde interview, je le dirais jamais assez mais Ross Halfin beh big up quoi je m'en remettrais jamais de ces photos Fièr Et pour l'interview Caleb et Matty uniquement beh je suis heureuse, ce fut un vrai bonheur à lire Fièr . Et j'ai hâte d'entendre les nouvelles chansons de KOL, ce que dit Caleb à un moment donne vraiment l'eau à la bouche Très content Je sens qu'il va être énorme leur prochain album.
twinette
Alex Turner

MessageSujet: Re: Presse   Dim 19 Juil - 18:15

Rah je le savais! je le savais! La 2ème interview...elle a été fait par Joe Bosso....en gros c'est une transcription de l'interview qu'on avait en podcast de Caleb et Matty...Vous savez, l'interview de 16 min où y'a que Matty qui parle Couple amoureux Couple amoureux Couple amoureux oui je la connais tellement par coeur que je l'ai reconnu Fièr Je sors !

Bref, sinon, le passage juste avant les questions moi j'ai juste envie de dire "dans mes bras" !! Non mais ils ont juste TOTALEMENT et COMPLETEMENT raison !! Ils ne peuvent pas faire éternellement un YAYM ! C'est normal d'évoluer et tout ceux qui disent que c'est de la m*** ce qu'ils font now, bah ils ont rien compris! Et c'est pas parce qu'ils passent à la radio que c'est forcément devenu un groupe commercial Smile
Et comme le disais une miss sur HA, The more people who hear the Kings the better the world will be.............

Oh et j'adore quand Matty il parle de Closer Couple amoureux

La bannière "caleb you can sleep in my tent" je l'avais vu aussi dans les vidéos Très content Très content ça m'avait bien fait marrer Très content Très content
aureille
Matthew Bellamy

MessageSujet: Re: Presse   Dim 19 Juil - 18:52

twinette a écrit:
Ils ne peuvent pas faire éternellement un YAYM ! C'est normal d'évoluer et tout ceux qui disent que c'est de la m*** ce qu'ils font now, bah ils ont rien compris! Et c'est pas parce qu'ils passent à la radio que c'est forcément devenu un groupe commercial Smile

+10000000000000000

D'ailleurs la première phrase de Caleb résume parfaitement le malaise qu'il peut y avoir parmi les fans de KOL, ceux qui sont restés sur YAYM et qui n'acceptent pas le changement Smile c'est juste des bandes de pantouflards, je les comprends pas ces gens là, à quoi ça sert qu'un groupe fasse et refasse 36 fois le même album???on finirai par se lasser à un moment ou à un autre, et puis moi ces histoires de "commerciale" ça veut rien dire pour moi, à partir du moment où tu vis de ta musique, même le pauvre gars qui fait la tournée des bals le dimanche dans les maisons de retraites, est commercial, à partir du moment où ta musique te rapporte, même le groupe qui vend ne serait-ce qu'un album est aussi commercial, donc ceux qui disent que "j'aime pas machin parce-que c'est commercial" c'est un argument bidon, qui n'a ni queue ni sens Smile Ces gens là ne supportent tout simplement pas le fait que le groupe ait du succès, vu qu'à chaque fois les fans gueulent comme par hazard quand leur groupe commence à prendre de l'envergure, et qu'ils commencent à attirer beaucoup de monde et c'est ce monde là que les fans "puristes" n'acceptent pas, parce-que d'un seul coup ils n'ont plus l'exclusivité d'écouter un groupe que personne connaît, et ça c'est pas "underground" Fièr Je sors ! et comme tu dis ils veulent pas se fondre dans la masse et passer pour des moutons de service Fièr
twinette
Alex Turner

MessageSujet: Re: Presse   Dim 19 Juil - 19:11

aureille a écrit:
et puis moi ces histoires de "commerciale" ça veut rien dire pour moi, à partir du moment où tu vis de ta musique, même le pauvre gars qui fait la tournée des bals le dimanche dans les maisons de retraites, est commercial, à partir du moment où ta musique te rapporte, même le groupe qui vend ne serait-ce qu'un album est aussi commercial, donc ceux qui disent que "j'aime pas machin parce-que c'est commercial" c'est un argument bidon, qui n'a ni queue ni sens Smile

Alors tu vas faire exactement ce que je te dis. Tu te lèves, tu vas voir tes parents et tu leur demandes s'ils t'ont pas adopté...Non parce que sur ce coup là je pense juste la même chose que toi au mot près, et ça depuis des années, et t'es juste la 1ère personne que je rencontre qui me sors ça. Surpris
Donc je pense qu'on a toute les 2 été adoptées mais qu'à la base on est jumelles Je sors ! (peut être que notre mère biologique n'avait pas assez d'argent pour nous élever et qu'elle nous a placé dans 2 foyers français aussi éloigné que possible pensant qu'on se retrouverait jamais Très content Très content mes les liens gémellaires sont plus forts que tout Très content Très content Je sors ! )

Enfin bref, pour en revenir à l'interview, je crois que c'est Matty qui dit qu'ils sonnent exactement comme ils ont envie de "sonner", que les chansons (je pense du dernier album) leur correspondent vraiment, donc moi je dis c'est le plus important. On voit bien qu'ils se sont investit pour cet album, qu'il en sont fier (surtout que Matty a vraiment de l'importance dans celui là, plus de vrais morceaux rock que dans le 1er par exemple...) alors c'est ce qu'on disait je sais plus quand, quand t'as un tant soit peu de respect pour un groupe tu dis pas que c'est de la merde! Tu peux ne pas aimer, préférer les "anciens" morceaux mais tu dénigres pas leur boulot !!

De toute façon, même si le style est différent, moi j'aime tous les albums Couple amoureux

Donc je trouve cette interview très bien! Je suis en totale phase avec eux Je sors !
Et je plussoie matty quand il dit que s'il partait du groupe et que les autres trouvaient un autre guitariste, bah ils feraient un bide Très content
aureille
Matthew Bellamy

MessageSujet: Re: Presse   Dim 19 Juil - 20:31

twinette a écrit:
Alors tu vas faire exactement ce que je te dis. Tu te lèves, tu vas voir tes parents et tu leur demandes s'ils t'ont pas adopté...Non parce que sur ce coup là je pense juste la même chose que toi au mot près, et ça depuis des années, et t'es juste la 1ère personne que je rencontre qui me sors ça. Surpris
Donc je pense qu'on a toute les 2 été adoptées mais qu'à la base on est jumelles Je sors ! (peut être que notre mère biologique n'avait pas assez d'argent pour nous élever et qu'elle nous a placé dans 2 foyers français aussi éloigné que possible pensant qu'on se retrouverait jamais Très content Très content mes les liens gémellaires sont plus forts que tout Très content Très content Je sors ! )

Très content Très content Très content qui sait.... Fièr Ou alors on est toutes les 2 issues d'une expérience scientifique secrète, qui consistait à faire les premiers essais de clonage humains, mais uniquement de la pensée Fièr Fièr Je sors ! en tous cas on a toute les 2 un autre point commun...on sait réfléchir visuellement (en gros ça veut dire qu'on a de l'imagination Très content Je sors ! )

twinette a écrit:
Enfin bref, pour en revenir à l'interview, je crois que c'est Matty qui dit qu'ils sonnent exactement comme ils ont envie de "sonner", que les chansons (je pense du dernier album) leur correspondent vraiment, donc moi je dis c'est le plus important. On voit bien qu'ils se sont investit pour cet album, qu'il en sont fier (surtout que Matty a vraiment de l'importance dans celui là, plus de vrais morceaux rock que dans le 1er par exemple...) alors c'est ce qu'on disait je sais plus quand, quand t'as un tant soit peu de respect pour un groupe tu dis pas que c'est de la merde! Tu peux ne pas aimer, préférer les "anciens" morceaux mais tu dénigres pas leur boulot !!

De toute façon, même si le style est différent, moi j'aime tous les albums Couple amoureux

Donc je trouve cette interview très bien! Je suis en totale phase avec eux Je sors !
Et je plussoie matty quand il dit que s'il partait du groupe et que les autres trouvaient un autre guitariste, bah ils feraient un bide Très content

Désoler de quoter tout ton post précédent Très content mais c'est juste qu'on pense pareil Très content
Un groupe n'est pas là pour faire de la musique qui doit plaire au public, sinon je vois pas l'intérêt de monter un groupe si ce n'est de gagner de l'argent bêtement,...ce qui fait la qualité de la musique c'est la sincérité qu'on y met dedans,après le public suit ou suit pas, mais ça change rien à la qualité de l'oeuvre, c'est pas le public qui peut se permettre de juger si c'est une merde ou pas, mais le groupe lui même Smile

Et pour tes deux non trois dernières phrases plus bas beh + 10000000000000000000 Fièr
twinette
Alex Turner

MessageSujet: Re: Presse   Mar 21 Juil - 19:06

J'avoue que ma vie n'est plus la même depuis que je sais que j'arrive à "réfléchir visuellement" Très content Très content Je sors !

Trêve de bêtises, 2 petits articles....

1 du Sun où les gars parlent des débuts, de la drogue et tout....
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2535475/Kings-Of-Leon-reveal-the-depths-of-their-caning.html

Et 1 autre, en fait c'est l'article du Spin Magazine d'Octobre 2008 mais en fait le magazine est disponible sur le site Smile
http://digital.spin.com/spin/200810/?u1=texterity
aureille
Matthew Bellamy

MessageSujet: Re: Presse   Mar 21 Juil - 22:43

Je viens de lire les 2 articles que t'as postés, c'est bien ça entretient mon anglais même si y a des phrases que j'ai rien capté Fièr Je sors ! J'ai trouvé l'article du Spin, super intéressant à lire, à un moment j'avais l'impression de lire un roman Très content Très content Très content Merci en tous cas pour ces 2 articles Fièr Je vais être incollable sur les KOL maintenant Fièr

Petite note au cas où la question subsiterai OUI j'ai fini de lire le NME spécial KOL, en faite je l'ai lu presque d'une traite un après midi, (je devais le lire par petit bout mais une fois que j'y ai mis le nez dedans impossible de m'en décoller Très content )

Je remercierai jamais assez melo pour nous avoir rapporté cette merveille!!!
kitty_33
Matthew Helder

BOYZ PRÉFÉRÉS : patrick stump,Bden Urie,Rob pattinson, shannon leto,jon walker

MessageSujet: Re: Presse   Mer 22 Juil - 3:33

et mes n'amie, vous me faites dess textes enormes. je lirais ca plus tard!!!!

hey! hey! j'ai mon numero sur KOL. Ca a mis du temps mais, le canada a reçu les livres.
Au debut j'étais contente de ma trouvaille, je me suis dis que j'allé vous prevenir de ce nouveau bijoux. Et la, je vois la page 42 Miaaaammm

Voila ma petite histoire de la journée. Clin d'oeil
twinette
Alex Turner

MessageSujet: Re: Presse   Dim 26 Juil - 15:15

*fille qui réagit 30 ans après* : cool que tu l'ai ENFIN !! Fièr Fièr

Bon alors petit Article des Kings dans Entertainment Weekly

La couv'

Et l'article :
Spoiler:

Petit passage qui explique pourquoi Caleb a pété sa guitare Smile :
"We have zero reasons to complain, but I do blame me breaking my guitar on being overworked," he says. "I would never, ever dream of doing anything to that guitar. It's moments like that were you realize you need to take a break"....Also says this: "Even when having a great show, if I look out there and I see some guy sitting on his ass because he's there with his girlfriend and they're waiting to hear Sex on Fire, I literally want to jump out in the crowd and kick him out" Caleb says....

Et le plus important sur la dernière page :
LE DVD LIVE EST PRÉVU POUR CET AUTOMNE !!!!!
Couple amoureux Couple amoureux Couple amoureux Couple amoureux Couple amoureux Couple amoureux Couple amoureux
J'adooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore cette année 2009 amoureux
aureille
Matthew Bellamy

MessageSujet: Re: Presse   Dim 26 Juil - 19:09

Merci pour cet article!!!, et oui l'année 2009 est décidément un bon cru...va y en avoir des choses à voir et à écouter et là je cache ma joie bien sur non parce-que en faite je suis trop contente là, c'est vraiment l'année bénite de la musique Fièr
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Presse   

Presse
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 2Aller à la page : 1, 2  Suivant